Sunday, November 17, 2013

Alexis Bernard Weekly Blog Post

Leonard Nimoy 



This week I have decided to choose Leonard Nimoy as my photographer of the week. While most of you know him as Mr Spock from the famous TV series Star Trek, many of you may not know he is also has a passion for photography. He began photography during his teenage years during the 1940's and even went as far as turning a bathroom in his home into a darkroom. Nimoy prefers to shoot in black and white and is known for his fine art nude portraits. I've chosen to dedicate my blog post to him because of his unusual eye for detail. I love his subject matter and the movement he incorporates into his pieces. I find each picture I've included below very interesting and inspiring. I can also appreciate that the photos are in black and white, allowing for the viewer to simplify the subject. Nimoy's work has been exhibited in numerous museums around the US. His photographic books include The Full Body Project and Shekhina.







No comments:

Post a Comment