Monday, November 4, 2013

Olivia Beard Weekly Post #11





This week's blog is all about light painting. I find bokah and light streams to be awesome effects that can be captured in photographs. So this week's blog is dedicated to the talented and interesting light painter, Dennis Calvert. In Calvert's mind, "Capturing light in long exposures breaks down our conventional understandings of time and space. Time is no longer linear. We see multiple moments all at once. We become time travelers."

I love how he positions his models so not only do we see them, but also how they effect the light. His composition and the placement of both figures and lighting is amazing. I love the colors and how the night shots look. These pictures make me wanna practice on long exposures, night exposures, and light painting. I think this would be a fun project.  

Go check out this man's gallery, you wont regret it!





No comments:

Post a Comment