Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cristina Irizarry Weekly Post



Gilad Benari was born in the October of 1971 in Haifa, Israel although he now resides in Binyamina, Israel. Some of his most fascinating work plays with perceptions of ground and sky. He uses reflections to confuse the eye and also add different colors and textures. An example of this can be seen in the picture below:
A Reflection of Romance

Walking on Clouds
I've been following Benari's photography for a few years now, and the way he uses the landscapes or settings to enhance his subject amazes me. His pictures, to me, are social commentary. Being in such a diverse place, where the modern and the ancient meet, truly does give his photography a special touch. In his photography I can see hints of the divine and the carnal. I see commentary on society and beliefs, on whats above and what's below. He uses the elements of design to do this. Look at how the line pattern of the sand dunes in the dessert contrast with colors and shapes of the subject below:

Sailing Across the Sea
He finds patterns made by nature and man alike:
Walk of Life

 I find these photographs funny. Art within art:
A Kick to the Head

Washed Your Undies?
Benari's photography  can be seen in Israeli tourist commercials and ads. I encourage everyone to check his websites out, his mastery of color, light, and textures always blows my mind. Besides DeviantArt, he's also present on Facebook and Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment