Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Imani Cannon: Weekly Post #1

Andrew G. Hobbs

Andrew, a photographer, was born in New Zealand. After moving to London in 1992, his career quickly took off. A lot of Hobbs work involves portraitures in fashion although, he does a lot of editorials, reportage, and advertising as well. 



Overtime his photography has been on covers of magazines such as: Rolling Stone, Sunday Times, Esquire, i-D, Vogue, and many more high-end magazines. He is currently in charge of running his own magazine Centrefold Magazine. Not only has Andrew worked with magazines he has photographed many celebrities such as Missy Elliot, Eminem, Monica Bellucci, and even with the Duchess of York and HRH Prince Andrew!


Andrew's perspective regarding fashion is different and centers around more, than just one perspective. He uses a great deal of fashion, texture, color, black and white, along with nature to portray a capturing mood. His photos are upbeat, stylish, and sexy. 



Andrew has inspired me to achieve everything I dream of becoming. I've always seen myself working with high-end magazines and celebrities and his work is intriguing to me! Years from now, I see myself owning my own magazine with a focus in fashion and advertising. 



No comments:

Post a Comment