Sunday, August 30, 2015

Karissa Gilbertson Isabelle Chapuis ODU Weekly Post #2

Duy Anh Nhan Duc is a artist that teamed up with photographer Isabelle Chapuis to create this show of pieces.  These are all done in color but they feel subdued.  It may be the color scheme but the pictures feel intentionally muted.

The artists intents are to show the delicacy of women, children, and life as they are taken for granted and can blow away in the wind like delicate dandelions.  As they grow women transform into beautiful butterflies and fly away so they must be treated delicately.

The message to me on what these pieces say verses the message the artist is trying to portray looses me a little because these ladies look strong to me despite the dandelions on them.  However I do find both artists work interesting and thought provoking and I was puzzled by them which always catches my attention in art so I think these artists are both worth a second look.




No comments:

Post a Comment