Sunday, March 20, 2016

Meghan Thayer - weekly post 9

Kevin Russ


Kevin Russ is an up and coming professional photographer who primarily uses his iphone. He is called the "iphones Ansel Adams". He primarily photographs the American West. His work depicts portraiture and landscape and uses this very beautiful natural light in his work. 

In Russ' photos, he captures the beauty of the American West. By using the soft natural light he shows how natural and beautiful the american west is and has been for many years. A lot of his work is  comparable to Ansel Adams because of landscape imagery. Most of his portraiture is of the people who inhabit the areas and towns in the area. I love the fact that his photographs are taken on his iphone. I think it gives it such an instant feeling, and really captures the feeling of being spontaneous  and instant. Also, they're absolutely stunning photos for being taken on a cellphone. It really makes me respect the term "Instagram photographers". 

I really enjoy Kevin Russ' work. I respect that his photos are taken on an iphone because I think that gives him a little more skill due to the fact working on a small phone is pretty difficult. I connect with his work because I enjoy landscape photography and that is mainly what I like to shoot. He adds in portraiture which shows his multiple skill. The natural light in his work really makes me attracted to all of his work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment