Saturday, March 19, 2016

Mollie Schaidt Weekly Post 9

Missy Prince



  1. Missy Prince is interested in capturing urban and rural landscape. Prince likes to take photos of things that suggest a narrative. Her photos seems to be about the details of a place and all have the same mood of abandonment though they are of different objects. 
  2. Prince captures places that have a sense of embrace, but like I said previously abandonment. How people use the land that surrounds them, and how sometimes it is misused and not taken care of. Her photos have a mystery about them which suggests a narrative of what is going on within the photo and where is the place she photographed.
  3. What had sparked my interest with Missy Prince's photo is the quirkiness of them. How each seem to have evidence of human presence, but no people are ever pictured. Also I feel as if I can relate to the photos of a small run-down town surrounded by nature-- like where I am from.


No comments:

Post a Comment