Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Carra Roots - Weekly Blog Post








I was really attracted to this series of photographs because this was just one movie my dad kind of made us love. The Wizard of Oz is such a wonderful musical and is filled with brightness and darkness as well. Seph Lawless seems to have captured this in a way that you wouldn’t think of it. He takes you to this abandoned place in which the road doesn’t look like it will lead you to the Oz. The color and tempurature used in the photos are so interesting and keeps the eye active. 

Not only in this series, but I enjoy most of the work that he does. The different angles he uses to portray a feeling and the sense of abanfonment attracts me. He goes to places that most people don’t think too much after a period of time. Almost as if he makes these dead things or abandoned places come to life when he capturers it. Some pictures don’t even have the vibrant colors in them but the certain exposure he uses or maybe little things such as relections can really add to the picture.

These really aren’t pictures that I would be drawn to like I have in my other post but the Wizard of Oz series got my attention. I feel as though I do not know how to make a compelling images of things such as scenery yet but these are definitely goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment