Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hailey Porth Weekly post









After spending some time with Eggleston's work I was reminded of Norman Rockwell's paintings. Especially his portraits. But I think it's also the colors and the texture that all the photographs have. 

I picked more of his landscapes because I am kind of on this portrait kick right now but I just need to start looking at other things like landscapes and start appropriating them so I can be taking both! I was really inspired by Eggleston's simplicity in his work. There always seems to be a theme of three main colors that are found within the picture. The lighting is most of the time seems to really set the mood of the place.  

Eggleston work looks dated however this allows me to feel nostalgic about the piece. It takes me back to memories that I had when I was a little girl. Maybe that is not so much about how he was taking the photographs but more about what he was photographing. The interior shot shows a dated scene and that reminds me so much of the color pallet they had in that time period. 

In one of the photographs you can see the "Moose Lodge" and to the left side there is a pole sticking up however, the shadow in the front of it perfectly matches up with the two which completely tried me up when I first was looking at the photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment