Sunday, April 10, 2016

meghan thayer - weekly post

theron humphrey 
his instagram (trust me, you're going to want to see more)
 




Theron Humphrey is a welltravled american photographer. He does work on rescue animals and stories of animals and "where they are now". The images I chose were not from one specific body of work, they're just the ones I found compelling. Humphrey does a lot of work with his dog, Maddie. 

Humphrey's has a keen eye for light. In all of his work, he has the best natural light I've seen. He really captures the natural lighting, wether it be sunny or overcast. Even indoors he is able to obtain the perfect lighting without using artificial lights. His control of his subject(s), mostly his dog, is stunning to me. I use the word stunning, because it is really amazing and beautiful that a dog could pose like that for him. 

Personally, I really enjoy all his work. He does work in other fields, such as landscape, portraiture, and action. I am a firm beliver in rescue animals, so I had a personal connection to his work. His use of his dog as his subject makes the images really interesting. My personal favorite, is the second photo posted, look at her pure happiness! It's amazing how wellbehaved and trained the dog is.

No comments:

Post a Comment