Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hailey Porth Weekly Post








Niki Boon is a New Zealand seld taught photographer. She grew up on a simple farm town and now lives with her family in the same way. Her photography closely resembles that and the things that are closest to her heart.

All of her images are black and white and are portraits of what she witnesses on the farm. Her subjects most of the time have their own space and are framed nicely by their surroundings. They light is normally coming from behind the people however they are lit as well. 

I love the contrast in her images and also the clarity that she has with all of her photographs. I feel like most of her images literally feel as if they are stopped in time and I could touch it because they are so clear. I love the moments she is able to capture and the facial expressions. I don't feel like I am looking at a family photo album but I do see how she is able to capture crucial moments that are deeply important to her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment