Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hailey Porth Weekly Post

Valerio Bispuri

http://www.valeriobispuri.it/vb16/reportage/paco-and-drugs/

http://www.featureshoot.com/2016/04/the-poor-mans-cocaine-proliferates-in-the-slums-of-latin-america/


Bispuri's work is one that I am in-between on I can't decided if I am a fan or not. That's probably not correct to say in this class but I am trying to figure out where my heart is on all these photographs. In some of them I am like WOW amazing others I am just like what the heck is going on and then in others I am just like this doesn't belong. I am normally not too critical on artist that I write post about but this artist in particular i just cannot figure out.

Maybe thats the point.

This photograph in particular, a few weeks ago I actually thing it was in photo three we talked about selective focusing. And in this one I can 100% see why he chose to focus it on the girl and not on him, and I think that is such a risk I would have never done that. (I guess that why he is in feature shoot for this and I'm not LOL) but I can just see so clearly why he chose the focus it the way he did and I think if he would have done it any other way the photograph wouldn't of been as strong either.










Something that I am taking away from his work is the rawness and roughness of his photographs. I really like how that looks like its adding movement and rhythm to the photograph. I know that there is a limit to how much you can do it till it looks bad but I think Valerio does a great job of finding the line and not going over board.

No comments:

Post a Comment