Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Catherine Meadows Weekly Post #8


 Lee started out as a graphic designer and worked on making album covers. He then created a darkroom and soon discovered his love for photography and motion pictures. After looking through his portfolio, I was intrigued most by his album titled "Weekend". I chose the 5 pictures that I liked most out of the album. I think that Lee has an excellent use of lighting and shadows in his pictures. For example, in the first one, he uses a backlight on the people to make them stand out more, and shows the shadows of the people behind them on the ground. On the second picture, I think he made a good choice of taking an aerial shot over the people. This way you can see the the entire shadows of both the people and the trees around them. For the last three pictures, I like how he took candid shots of the people in motion. He captured them perfectly clear enough but still in a way that you could tell that they were moving. Overall, I was really impressed by Lee's entire portfolio.






No comments:

Post a Comment