Monday, October 28, 2013

Magan's Weekly Post








This is one of the names we were given in class last week. I think we were discussing portraits. When I looked her up on google I found this site. The first thing I did was look through her Photos. Then I realized there was a short biography about her on the home page. She has very strong pictures but she also has an interesting story and seems to be a very strong person.
She was diagnosed with a stage 2 brain tumor. She had surgery and was given about 8 years to live. She wasn't expected to live past 2004. But she outlived her prognosis by 6 years and ended up passing in 2010.
She was a British photographer born in 1965. Day was self taught and had a major impact on fashion image making.Her work has been exhibited in The National Portrait Gallery. 
Corinne Day seems like the go-to person for wanting to study portrait making. I never took a portrait but I am interested in making one this week of a few friends and coworkers. I will be sure to reference her photos on the website to get some idea and inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment