Sunday, August 31, 2014

Brandon Hamlet Weekly Blog Part 3

Katy Grannan



   Katy Grannan in this particular project focuses on potrait work. Most of these portraits are people that society may not see as models, but this is what really brings a strong emotional connection to these particular people that she choose. Another thing she did to really strengthen the composition was use a white back ground behind all of the portraits in this collection. This draws the audience to the emotion that the people are portraying in these photos.
  
   These photos are very strong portraits and each one captures a different emotion. This artists work is cool because it seems like many of these people are so real and down to earth. The feeling of connection may not have been possible if the techniques above like using the white back ground were not used. Katy Grannan's work really inspired me to work on my own portrait work.

   Some of the things I would like to use from this work is the white background not only in my portrait work but in taking photos of objects as well. I also want my work to have a sense of emotion like Katy's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment