Saturday, August 30, 2014

Darian White- Weekly Post 1 Part 3


Barbara Kruger http://www.barbarakruger.com/art.shtml



 

Barbara Kruger is a conceptual artist.  She lives and works in New York and Los Angeles. She develops her ideas on a computer first, sometimes followed by shifting the results to huge billboard-sized images. 

Today, most of her artwork involves the merging of photographs from various sources, where she displays captions in black, white and red with brief and powerful text that capture the viewers’ attention.  She likes to use words and pictures in her art because she believes it displays “who we are and who we are not.” 

I absolutely love Ms. Kruger’s artwork. I think she is a terrific artist! I love how she combines graphic art into her photos. By using the combination of words and pictures, her work speaks boldness. I would like to take her work by adding wording to my artwork.  I believe that displaying visual art and wording makes a bold statement in the art.  Words are powerful.  Some individuals may see a word that makes them love the art, while others may see the entire artwork and be in awe.  I believe if I combine words and pictures in my art my work will help display “who we are and who we are not” as Ms. Kruger demonstrates so eloquently.

No comments:

Post a Comment