Friday, August 29, 2014

Mary Jane Morris - Weekly Post: Part 3





Ysabel LeMay began her career as a graphic artist. She went on to further her artistic skills with painting. Since 2010, she devotes her career to photography-where she also incorporates her beginning skills into the works. LeMay uses an unique process called "Photo Fusion." Through this technique, she combines hundreds of photographs to create a hyper-realistic photo. 
LeMay creates a whimsical scene in all of her projects. These all include an immense amount of detail and a very particular arrangement. Even though there is a lot to be looked at, it still feels intimate and nothing feels like it shouldn't be there. The viewer can definitely tell that each object in the photos has a purpose and adds to the overall feeling.
This artist has inspired me to work outside of my comfort zone. I typically do a minimal amount of editing in my photos. However, I love her skill of post-production work and how seamless they each look. I would like to work on a project similar to this in that I take small parts from each photo I take and create my very own "fantasy world."

No comments:

Post a Comment