Sunday, August 31, 2014

Robert Lamb Weekly Post #1

   
 
     Angela West is a graduate of Yale University where she received a MFA in photography. Angela’s work usually includes still life’s and landscape explorations of neighborhoods all containing precise observation.

     Angela usually tries to relate her work to her hometown while also using her art to explore nature. The first two photographs that I chose are prime examples of how she displays care for her subjects yet is not influenced by sentimental feelings.


     I really enjoyed Angela’s work, while looking throughout most of it I was always wondering why she made certain decisions. When I look at her work I felt as though she was in control, and that every object was placed with a purpose. One thing that I would like to take from her is the illusion of being on control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment