Sunday, August 31, 2014

Elizabeth Teller - Weekly Post #1


 




Tegan Owens is a Yukon born artist. Owens received her degree from Alberta College of Art and Design in visual media and photography. She loves to be outside in nature. Most of the time her dog and camera is in tow. Her photographs have been featured in many magazines, as well as other outlets. Some of the most well known magazines are Adventure Kayaker, Men’s Fitness Magazine, and IMPACT Magazine.

A good amount of her photographs are of nature and people exercising. Her ability to capture the simple beauty in nature is quiet amazing. I am jealous that Owens is able to go and photograph such beautiful scenery at anytime.  It is not stated (or implied) why Owens created these particular photographs, other than they are cute puppies with interestingly, simple shots.

I chose the photos above because of the angles of the shots and the simplicity. That is what I will take from these shots. Also, well, who doesn’t like to look at photographs of adorable puppies?








Carolyn Brandt is a lifestyle photographer, which is what I truly enjoy shooting when I am behind the lens. She is based out of Los Angeles, CA. Brandt shoot with both a digital camera, as well as, a film camera. Her determination to photograph not only the happy moments, but the not-so-happy moments, as well, makes me appreciate her photographs even more. It can get very boring to see smile after smile when looking at photographs.

The images above were some of my favorites from her collection. I am very intrigued by her angles and compositions. They are very interesting and opens my eyes to even more possibilities with angles.

Again, I hope to take her ability to view many more possibilities of angles and use of light (or lack there of).








Last, but certainly not least, is one of my favorite artists that I looked into today, Johan Entchev. Entchev is a Finland based self-taught photographer that produces mainly black and white photographs. I loved every single one of the photographs that I looked at. All of them were so interesting with different textures and his use of light and dark is so beautiful.

There is something about a black and white photograph that can actually make me feel a certain way. The photographs above are documenting life, but from a much different view than through the eyes.

Entchev’s use of contrast is so beautiful. That is the one thing that I would like to take with me from viewing his photographs. They are truly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment