Sunday, September 29, 2013

Alexis Bernard Weekly Post 5

Carolyn Cole 



This week I have decided to write about Carolyn Cole's powerful photographs. Each of these photos I have chosen to feature all offer a dramatic story to tell. Carolyn was born on April 24, 1961. After graduating from the University of Texas in 1983 with a Bachelors of Arts for studying photojournalism, she then got her Masters degree at Ohio University. She's photographed many modern day crises, including the 1991 crisis in Kosovo and the 2001 crisis in Afghanistan. She currently works as a staff photographer for the Los Angeles Times.   

I really love how she is able to capture such harsh compelling conditions and events so beautifully. I'm very interested in traveling and the news so to have her be able to capture these moments is truly awing. I hope you all enjoy her work as much as I do. Please make sure to visit her website http://carolyncoleart.com/      



No comments:

Post a Comment