Sunday, September 29, 2013

Catherine Meadows Weekly Post #6


Frank Relle is a photographer that we have mentioned in class, so I decided to write my blog post about his work. Frank Relle was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. His work can be found in many famous museums such as the Museum of American History, the New Orleans Museum of Art, and the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. The pictures that I liked the most of Frank's were in his New Orleans Nightscapes album. I love night photography mainly because I find it impressive when people are able to get such nice looking shots at night. Some of Frank's night shots are made to look so bright that it looks like it could almost be day time. I've also noticed that Frank has a great use of shadows in each of his pictures too. He knows how to use light and shadows to his advantage and it really shows nicely in his photographs. His pictures have a dream like feel to them and some of them even look unreal, like they're a good use of photoshop manipulation. I really enjoyed looking at all of Frank Relle's pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment