Thursday, September 5, 2013

Imani Cannon: Weekly Post #3

Ansel Adams
A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
 
 
Well, before last class I did not know who Ansel Adams was, so I felt that he should have my blog post for the week to offer insight to those who may not of known either. As soon as I started viewing his photographs I soon realized that I have A LOT OF WORK TO DO! I absolutely love black and white photographs along with landscaping.
He is an American photographer, and was born February 20, 1902, in San Francisco. Ansel Adams as many of you may already know, is that he is considered the father of landscape and scenic photography along with  f/64. His style has a great deal to do with exposure, black and white film, and natural images that depict conservation of nature. He had a style which many would call straight photography, which is a style, that tries to depict a picture as realistic and pure as possible with the least amount of manipulation. Ansel put a lot of time into developing his photos and many came from the Yosemite National Park, he even had a darkroom!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment