Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Catherine Meadows Weekly Post #2


     I had discovered Lalage earlier this year when someone showed me his collection titled "We Are The Not Dead". In this series, Lalage takes pictures of soldiers before, during, and after fighting in combat.  I was immediately interested in this series because I think it's a great idea to capture something like this. After looking through this gallery I was shocked to see how each soldier changed so drastically. They always look so young and innocent in the first picture but then on the last one you can tell that they've changed. They don't look as happy as before. They look stronger and braver. Another thing I liked about each picture was that he had captions of what the soldier said before each picture. It really helps you understand why they look the way they did and what all they went through. This is definitely one of my favorite series of photographs from any photographer.




No comments:

Post a Comment