Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Kailyn Dickason weekly artist post

Jessica fulford Dobson


Jessica's work focuses on the women of Afghanistan, who aren't allowed to skateboard. Her idea behind a lot of her photos is to give women empowerment they didn't know they could have, and to inspire other women to empower each other as a unit.  I think her work is very interesting, because it mixes with the normality of skateboarding in our culture, and the taboo of it for women in theirs.
      I feel as though Jessica looks for natural lighting, and she works with colors in rooms and on clothing very well.  She juxtaposes two colors that are opposites in an interesting and unique way.
I am looking forward to seeing more of her work, because I love how she captures the emotions from the girls so well. All in all I will be watching to see her new stuff, and I like the direction she is headed in.














Jessicas work focuses on

No comments:

Post a Comment