Monday, April 27, 2015

Lucas Suarez - Weekly Artist Post




In This Beautiful Bubble, is a series by San Diego based photographer Eri Morita. In these series, Morita focuses on resident in sunny San Diego. However, the catch to the series is that Morita photographed subjects who have always been from the area and have not explored outside of it. Morita has stated,  "I felt alarmed but I embraced freedom to decide what to do and where to go on my own. "

In the above photographs, I feel that Morita made these photos by placing her subjects in the area in which they are. The first photo, Morita must have left out watermelon slices, waited for the butterflies, and waited to capture the image from a camera set up on a tripod. I also feel that Morita had a high ISO, low shutter speed (probably between 20-60) and a large depth of field to capture the entire surrounding.

I really like Morit'a photographs. The purpose of the photos to explore the bubble in which we contain ourselves is what truly fascinates me. Morita has expressed that she has travelled and moved all over the world, while they are individuals who are trapped inside their own bubble and refuse to break out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment