Monday, April 27, 2015

Kailyn DIckason Weekly Post

Mariya Kozhanova
Kozhanova_Mariya_01


Kozhanova_Mariya_02

Kozhanova_Mariya_10

Mariyas series shown above is about Russian teens who are into dressing up in cosplay. Cosplay is abut becoming a specific character, and I think that Mariya wanted to show that even though these teens are using a form of escapism to leave their lives, that they are still themselves even in cosplay.
She is also trying to explore whether or not cosplay is deeper than just every day escapism.
                      I think she took a lot of these pictures at hand holding level. I appreciate the way she uses light and color to make her subjects appear glowing. I really like all of her work because she seems to ask questions through her camera, I think her topic is interesting too.
                        All in all I may keep watching for this artists work. I dont love it but its not too bad either. I will keep looking for her new arrivals as time goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment