Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ryan Jennings - Weekly Artist Post

Fred Herzog




1. Fred Herzog is a photographer from Germany that moved to Vancouver in the 1950's.  He started exploring and making photos in various cities in Canada and North America.

2.  These photos are from a series of pictures titled "Color."  He takes to the streets and shows the different colors from around the city.  The touches of color stand out from the concrete and show life outside the usual urban setting.  The use of people and capturing them in everyday settings makes the photos come to life.  

3.  I like these photos because of the architecture and color tones.  It seems so gray and boring but then he finds these beautiful colors in the most bland areas.  When I am making photos and I am looking at light and color and I think these are good examples for me to look at while thinking about my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment