Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Matt Thyssen - Weekly Artist Post

Mike Seehagel




1. Landscapes, landscapes, and more landscapes.  You start to see the same exact technical choices in each and every one of these once you look at them long enough. A particular time of day, wide shots with foreground, middle-ground, and background, and a low aperture for more depth of field.  With that basic formula down, you can start spewing out as many nice landscapes as you'd like.

2. I suppose the artist's thematic intent was to portray the Canadian Rockies as they are.  There doesn't seem to be any political or social statement to any of these. Maybe he just wants to make some pretty pictures, or maybe he feels some kind of spiritual connection to the mountains.

3. What makes this set special, to me, is the location.  I suppose another viewer may just see some pretty landscapes that are nice for looking at, but don't really see any deeper meaning.  I want to be inside these pictures, my spirit yearns for places like this.  I connect well with these types of photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment