Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Keri Woodard - Weekly Artist Post

Heikki Kaski



There isn't very much information about Heikki Kaski, although we don't really need a lot of information about him other than these incredible pictures. This photographer is well-known for his landscapes photos in his book called "Tranquility". I find that these portraits above are much more interesting than his landscapes.

This artist displays a lot of the techniques I would like to work on in my own photography; creativity, diverse crowd of people (possibly random), the amazing exposure and light contrast. I feel like when the viewer looks at these photos they can tell that there is a story behind it, or at least there is something that draws your eye around the entire photograph.

These photographs are so unique and the artist makes the viewer want to look. It seems as thought the photographer is taking people and making the picture more about everything else around that person, but still maintaining a portrait theme. As stated in critique, people mentioned that I did this in one of my photos, so it drew my attention to this artist because he seems to do the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment