Sunday, October 25, 2015

Joey Scolieri - Weekly Artist Post 11

Isabelle Chapuis & Alexis Pichot 




1. The photographers Isabelle & Alexis are photographers working together on a series of photographs titled The Blossom Project. This series is a celebration of the Earth and all that is creative about it. The smoke bombs are released with the help of a drone which gives them more time to get the right shot because the smoke only lasts for one minute, two at the most. The main subject of each image is placed in the center of all 3 images. All 3 images are shot in focus and are extremely sharp. The smoke appears to be stopped in each image so I would guess that the shutter speed was on the faster side, also I believe each image to be shot on a tripod. 

2. The photographers said that the smoke is supposed to tip toe between the man made and the organic and that it is supposed to insight either ecstasy and revelation or anxiety and foreboding. Each smoke color is chosen to contrast with the landscape or structure that is in the image. In the first image, the purple smoke with the yellow almost dead grass with the slight hint of green and the abandoned house gives off an erie vibe to me. The red smoke in the second image really brings out the color of the rocks and contrasts perfectly with the bright, almost solid blue sky. The last image is shot in the perfect lighting in my opinion. The reflection in the water is great and the purple smoke really pops with all of the dull colors inside the frame. 

3. This is one of my favorite series of photographs so far. I am a big fan of landscape photography and these images were shot all around the world, definitely showcasing what the Earth has to offer. I think the idea of incorporating colored smoke bombs into the image is so extremely unique and creative, I love it. I think the images are very tasteful and their theme is well thought out and executed. I would actual purchase one of these pieces for my home if I could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment