Sunday, October 18, 2015

Parker Austin Weekly Artist Post 10

Bill Ray



1) Bill Ray is an american photographer, whos most famous work was alongside the biker gane the Hells Angles. Using a camera to catch the same speed as the bikes as they are moving and sitting either on the back or the side cart of a bike. he gets the photo from a few feet away while in motion causing the background to blur.
2) The essence of black and white photography speaks its own language. A photo that was made in black and white wont look the same if its changed to color. I think the style of these fast motion based photos are appealing on so many levels. Using the help of other bikers it makes it easy for him to get the shots he needs for each angle.
3) I know ive done black and white biker photos in that past but something about them all give me the since of freedom and wonder. I really want a bike much like the one in the middle picture. thats my favorite photo out of all of them. These photos connect with me in more ways then one.

No comments:

Post a Comment