Monday, October 26, 2015

Mayteana colon weekly post 11

Philip-Lorca Dicorcia




1) Philip uses friends and family to stage candid like scenes. He uses artificial lighting and vibrant colors in these images. He appears to be a few feet from his subjects and he also uses a range of focal length in his images. He focuses on portraits and city scenes.

2) The first image is interesting. You can see someone is sitting on the bed but you can see a reflection in the mirror of an unknown subject. The second image shows a lone male shirtless standing in the parking lot of some kind of store. He appears to be stunned in shock or lost giving his expression. The last image shows a male in a window making a phone call. Again he wears an odd expression on his face and he is showered in blue light.

3) I chose these images because they are saturated in color and that is what I try to go for in my own work personally. His subjects are very interesting and draw my eye. It makes me ask the question what are they doing in their scenes and why are they wearing such expressions of for-longing. His subject matter is dynamic and appealing to me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment