Sunday, February 7, 2016

Bri Picone - Weekly Post 3

Jonas Feige


1)  Jonas Feige's images have interesting compositions.  His cropping creates an intimacy between the photo and the viewer.  His images and palette are somewhat minimalistic.

2)  Feige's series Night on the Sun hints at our "inexplicable, arguably meaningless existence."  He aims to take photos that are obviously taken from the real world but arranged to create an open-ended narrative.  He prefers when things are obscure and cryptic. 

3)  I like how Feige chooses to work in portrait style to isolate his subjects.  His images force us to fill in the blanks of the narrative.  I really like that his narrative is open-ended and you get a sense that time is somewhere between the past and present.  I think it's interesting that the subject's faces are never shown.  I feel like I am familiar with some of these places and it's almost like a dream or memory that is foggy.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you are taken throughout a day that the viewer knows nothing about. I think this is really interesting and brings in the viewer using more than just the eye.

    ReplyDelete