Sunday, February 7, 2016

Catherine Meadows Weekly Post 4






Origins


Acacia takes photos of amazing landscapes. She includes a few people in her work but seems to focus more on the scenery surrounding her. They all seem to have the same blue hue over each photo. However, the blue hue may have something to do with the time of day that she is shooting. Lighting in the sky is key in her work and I think she had to plan this shoot according to the weather each day, which is often something beginning photographers tend to forget when going out to take pictures.

I feel that, after reading her bio, Acacia's intent was to photograph something she loves doing. She is a native to Alaska and loves exploring. Her photos do an excellent job displaying her expeditions that she often goes on.

I personally really love Acacia's work. I think each and every one of her photos are beautiful. She does an amazing job with positioning of both foreground and background. In this series, she includes a lot of centered subjects, which is not common for me to see. Usually when I see something, like a tree, centered in the frame of a photograph, it distracts me too much and I wish it were pushed to the left or right. But in this case, I found that the centering benefited the photos.

4 comments:

  1. I like that from the photos above, her photos always bring you back towards the center of the picture, or has things directly in the middle. Even though it can sometimes be frowned upon, she uses it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg these photos catherine are AHmazing, I can't stop looking at them. The blue of the sky and the yellow from the lights. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The center focus is really different because like you said it is not common to see-- photos are usually composed using the rule of thirds. I think the center focus makes these even more striking, I love them, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The center focus is really different because like you said it is not common to see-- photos are usually composed using the rule of thirds. I think the center focus makes these even more striking, I love them, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete