Sunday, February 28, 2016

Hailey Porth weekly post 7


"Walker Evans, pictures taken from a moving automobile or train."







If you knew me you would know how obsessed I am with Raymond Meeks moving landscapes. As I was looking through the photographers trying to deicide which one I wanted to do I came across this article and my mind was blown. I love these moving landscapes and it bring my heart so much joy that I have come across more of these little jewels. 

In every photograph you can find the subject very plainly because its simply the only thing not moving. How these pictures are taken is that while in a moving vehicle as the car is passing you take your camera and move with the subject and this makes the subject look as if it is standing still and everything else in motion. Its incredible! 

I love how much texture is added when the pictures are taken in a moving vehicle I love that I feel like I am moving into the frame and placing myself in the photograph. these photographs have such character and description. In every little detail their is stories written there. Moving pictures capture so much more than just the subject. 


No comments:

Post a Comment