Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Diana Macaraeg - Weekly Post 5

Matthias Bruggman





1. Matthias Bruggman is a photojournalist who describes himself as one of the most privileged people in the world.  His technique is to capture photos that cannot be recreated again. Matthias did not want a picture to portray only one story as typical photojournalist strive to create, but to have multiple interpretations. 
2. Bruggman's themes vary from a mix of landscapes, death, violence and portraits. Traveling through Afghanistan, Haiti, Somalia, Egypt, Libya, and Syria, it allowed him to capture moments at any moment. The locations he traveled in, are highly active for his wide range of themes. 
3. I wish I had the guts to do the job Matthias does. I hope to strive and use him as influence to not be scared to approach violence or death. I enjoy photos that give a mix of emotions, which Matthias successfully does. 

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine myself in each photo. It really puts things in perspective and makes me think about the people who deal with this every day. Amazing images.

    ReplyDelete