Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mollie Schaidt Weekly Post- Water exhibit Post 6







1. Edward Burtynsky's photos show a visual on how water is affected by humans over time-- positive and negative. Burtynsky shows us how humans can take the convinces of water for-granted, but also the different environmental inventions used to control water.

2. Burtynsky's photos really changed my perspective on how it is important to take care of the Earth I live on, and how conservation of natural resources is vital. It was really amazing how vivid each image is though taken from a far distance. Some of the images I wouldn't of even imagined it is water if I wasn't told. The photos of water seem as they are all contained either naturally or by man-made objects. That gave me the impression that the source of water is slowly diminishing, and soon won't be contained anymore; which can lead to distress on the livelihood of everyone. 

3. How I would respond in a artistic way to Burtynsky's approach to the environmental issues of water could be through my own work. Burtynsky's work could appropriate ideas to a body of work of my own of another huge environmental issue. An artist's goal is to have people respond to their work and bring a new perspective that hasn't been seen before. My response to the specific theme of water would be possibly show the rise in sea level, and how water is eventually going to affect humans on land in below sea level environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment