Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mollie Schaidt- Weekly Post 4

Lucas Blalock




1. These images are from a book called, WINDOWS MIRRORS TABLETOPS by Lucas Blalock. The artist uses objects such as patches of colored fabric, faux-wood veneers, foam bricks, rope, scissors, different color fields, plastic, and colors of mass production, to create a animated image. The objects are rendered digitally to the image.

2. Blalocks' images create happiness yet confusion, but his work seems to be all about perception. Some believe that these images are "metaphorical and figurative" talking about consumerism. These photos can be  perceived as distracting by the objects, and subjects placed within the image. In an era of mass production--buying things that we really do not need. These images can be compared to the distraction of consuming objects of mass production.

3. The reason I chose these images because I thought they were very pleasing to the eye-- well mine anyway! The photographs connected with me because of the use of different objects to distort the image. I use this method in a lot of my art and photography by using magazines to create a eye-catching, and interesting image. The concept behind the images I have heard before but I have never seen it used in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment