Tuesday, February 16, 2016

meghan thayer weekly post 5

CAN DAĞARSLANI




1) I think a main component of this artist work is natural light. All the light in his work, and in particular, the series titled "identities", seems very soft and natural. Like it was shot on a perfect overcast day. 
2) Dagarsliani's intent was to portrait something a little weird and something that made you question things. For instance, the 3rd picture I used as an example of his work; I chose this image because of how weird it looked to me. It was perfectly centered with two naked women inside. To me, they look as if they could be twins, which is why i think he titled his work "identities" because with twins you sometimes cant tell one from the other. 
3) Personally, I really like all his work. I think it's atheistically pleasing. The natural looking light to me is beautiful. It makes the skin of the people in the portraits look so smooth. Like porcelain. I really enjoy his other bodies of work because they cary the same technique as his "identities" work. His work makes me confused and I think that's what I enjoy the most. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy her natural but her concept is confusing. The photos still hold my attention and makes me wonder. They're great photos

    ReplyDelete