Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Meghan Thayer - Water




Edward Brutynsky's main goal is to show the relationship between water and humans. His work depicts the systems humans have placed on water to shape and control every aspect of it. Brutynsky shows the relation in a very beautiful way. With his extremely large scale, crisp, ariel images he really shows how society plays a role on the nature of water and how we control it's size, shape, and even cleanliness. 

Through the large scale imagery, he shows the vastness that is our society and really how we impact nature. I chose these three images because they really stood out to me. They caught my eye because of the vibrance of the last two images. In the first one, I really liked the extreme detail in the mountains. It almost looks 3-D and I had to get close to the image to see if it was or was not. 

I think that Edward Brutynsky achieves his ultimate goal of what he wanted to show viewers and he does it in such a beautiful way. He mentioned his set backs with cost, but he was able to get past any set back and I think it was just really cool to learn about and see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment