Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Artist post 15-Gio

Giovann Collazo
Shane Rocheleau
Digital photography
11/17/15
http://www.nga.gov/feature/atget/works_art.shtm



  These photos were taken by French photographer Eugene Atget. The first photo is of an intense fountain head that is not spewing water. Atget probably stood five feet away from it and zoomed in to take the shot. The second photograph is of door knocker that is sculpted in the form of a lion's head and two snakes. Atget took this picture from the left of the knocker. The third photo is of a very old and torn building. Atget stood about fifty feet away from it to get the whole building in his shot.
 
The first photo Atget shows a very haunting and eerie side to what would be considered an architectural beauty.It makes the imp look unhappy with the audience. The second photo might try to pay homage and show attention to class and history. It gives off a very rich, but miserly tone. I believe that Atget was trying to show some somberness in the last photo. The building looks very weak and old, but it also looks like it has a wondrous story to tell.

The first photo makes me feel as if the face that is staring me down really feels some sort of prejudiced towards me. The lips on his face don't help either; it feels as if he is booing me. The second photo of the door knocker gives me a sense of nostalgia and regal when ever I lay eyes upon it. It very much gives off an Ebeneezer Scrooge feel to it.The third photo of the building makes me feel bad and sorry for what has happened to it. But that's what makes me want to know what happened to it; This building feels as if it has gone through hell and back and would like to share it's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment