Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ashanti Neverson - Weekly Artist Post 16

 Tsar Fedorsky




1.) These black and white photos capture mostly landscape of the photographer's, Tsar Fedorsky, own home. She used natural low lighting whether through windows or outside setting. Her distance ranges from two feet to twenty feet capturing outside and inside the home. Her photos show very distinctive shapes that give great contrast.

2.) In the first photo the woman is positioned where the lighting from the window creates a great frame around her. We clearly see an emotion from the woman who is framed by this. In the second she uses a similar style but the shadows of the small figures are framed instead of the actual figure which lets the viewer imagine a different story. We can only see the shadow in the lighting which looks like someone crying in the window. It is also positioned over the clock which makes me believe the figure is grieving over time or feels like they are sad from the lost of time. 

3.) To me these pictures show home life and remind me of growing apart from it. I recently got to go back home after being away for sometime and decided to visit the house I grew up in. As I walked around with family it brought back memories but the house was so different it gave me a sense of realization of how far I could go and how much I wanted to prove. 

No comments:

Post a Comment