Monday, November 30, 2015

Joey Scolieri - Weekly Artist Post 16

Tami Bone 






1. Tami Bone is an Austin based photographer who created a series of photographs to pay homage to her childhood roots in South Texas. As a child, Bone was infatuated with ghost stories and the surrounding landscapes so she decided to create a photomontage reminiscent of those childhood stories/memories. Each photograph is a montage of five to seven exposures all shot in the rural outskirts by her home in Austin. The animals inside the images were all found at local farms and the people in the images are her daughter's friends. Just one image can take anywhere from one week to one month to complete and I could not find what kind of camera she uses as the montage process can be achieved using a film or digital camera. 

2. Each image resembles an old film photograph and because she chose to shoot the images in black and white the vibe the image gives off mirrors that of a horror movie. Each image has the feeling like it was found on the floor in some abandoned haunted house. In the first and third image, the face of the girl is faded out to white and her body is see through to give her a ghostly appearance. Every artistic liberty Bone took with her images was done to convey to the viewer a sense of mystery and wonder just like she experienced as a child. 

3. I think that Tami Bone did a great job with her entire series of photographs. She definitely accomplished her goal of making the viewer feel a sense of mystery and eeriness. I can appreciate the photomontage style and how much work is put into one single image but this style doesn't really grab my attention, maybe because its to creepy but I would never see one of these images and immediately say to myself I need to purchase this image or I want this in my home. Regardless, this series is incredibly unique and I am happy I discovered this type of photography.  


No comments:

Post a Comment