Sunday, October 5, 2014

Missy Griffis Weekly Post 6


                                                                   Taliban Soldier

                                                                        Baghdad

                                                        

Luc Delahaye was born in france in 1962. He’s most known for large-scale works that portray world conflicts and social issues all around the world. He started off his career as a photojournalist in the 1980’s, specifically to reports on war. It was during his travels to Afghanistan, Rwanda, Yugoslavia, and many more that he finally distinguished himself as a photographer.  His pictures were also known for their dramatic intensity, documentary and narrative approach.


The pictures above are from Delahaye’s series “History.” This project took two years with Delahaye working in locations where he could make images of History. Because of his previous role as a photojournalist he was able to take pictures of these places and events. In an interview he says “In my head I am thinking only of the process. Do I have enough light? Is the distance good? Speed to? This is what allows me to maintain an absence or distance to the event. If I impose myself too much, look for a certain effect, I’d miss the photo.” This is something I’m still struggling with. I’m so focused on trying to get a picture I’ll be happy with instead of communicating with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment