Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekly Post Missy Griffis






Diane Arbus was born on March 14, 1923 in New York City. She was one of the most well known photographers in the twentieth century. Her first artistic talent came through in her  intricate drawings in paintings while in highschool. It wasn’t until she got married that she was taught photography. She started with advertising and fashion photography for popular magazines. Her main interest though was capturing images of the people that she encountered in NYC.

It is said that she had the ability to sense whom she could connect with to make a great portrait, and most everyone she worked with weren't afraid to work with her. “They stand in front of her camera and play or relax. They’re not afraid to display their piercing eyes or frozen expression.” I’m not particularily sure why these images are interesting to me, but when I found them I couldn’t stop looking. That in itself is inspiring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment