Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Robert Lamb Weekly Post #7

 


       
            Tabea Simple is a German photographer born in Bucharest. Even though she has not been in photography for very long she does express a very strong passion for it. By saying things such as “and now I know that I will never live without it” & “I discover myself every time I take a shoot from another person” (Quoted from her). From what I was able to see most of her pictures mainly consisted of profile shots of human subjects. As for her camera equipment she uses a Nikon D3x with multiple lenses, and a tripod.

            The three images above are from her “Love Ones” portfolio. With the first image one can tell that the photographer has a good grasp on the concept of using light and color, by having the colorfully dressed subject stand in swampy area. The light from the sun is shining through the trees in the background creating a cast of rays that surrounds the subject and hints a similar color found in her dress. Also the surrounding water beautify reflects the light, colors, and shadows of the background. Overall majority of her work gives off a very ominous felling. Usually tending to be dark with the subject highlighted, this can be seen in the other two images provided. For me her work is amazing, impactful and sometimes disturbing, but it’s that atmosphere that she creates that keeps me interested and wanting more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment