Saturday, November 1, 2014

Beth Teller Weekly Post




Leo Delafontaine, is a French born photographer. Delafontaine has completed two degrees, one in photography and the other in French Literature. Delafontaine has, for a number of years, dedicated himself to documentary photography. He has well known works, such as his project called Micronations. However; after looking through his portrait portfolio I chose the above three photographs for my weekly blog. 
I chose the above photographs because it ties back to our project of landscapes and portraits (and also for the fact that they are beautiful). Delafontaine's use of contrast in the first photo makes the man really stand out while still having other elements in the photograph that frame him. The reflection of the woman in the second photograph really drew me into the photo. I love the realness of the last photo. The shot of the man deep in thought is very intriguing to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment