Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hailey Porth Weekly Post

Monika Merva

Merva has a very simplistic style. She is very very particular with how she places her subject in the frame. Within her body of work I have noticed that they all seem so incredible natural but the way they are posed I can start to see that she did each pose for a specific reason. Merva has an incredible body of work called "The City Of Children" that is of kids that are from a house where kids go that have families that are disabled or living in poverty. Each of the photographs are able to portray something different. Whether it's dealing with whats going on at the home, or what's going on inside the child's head she is able to portray it perfectly.

Something I want to take from her photographs is how intentional she seems to be with subject. It also seems so natural. I would love to be able to take that to my portraits because that is something I struggle with. I also want to be able to create a narrative in my portraits that she does such a phenomenal job doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment