Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekly Post 5






Geert Goiris, a Belgium photographer, is well known for his intriguing dreamlike images that express a sense of wonder and timelessness. “The distance I put between myself and some of the subjects could be almost extraterrestrial, like a visitor from out of space, seeing the world for the first time.” The pictures above are from his series, Lying Awake, which mainly focused on the interdependency of obvious opposites such as reality and imagination.  My favorite picture is the one of table in the middle of the room. While I know the table leg is there and is just hidden within the shadow of the table top, it still caught my attention and I found myself thinking “how in the world…?” before common sense kicked in. However, even after realizing it’s just a trick of the eye, I still like to think that he truly captured something surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment