Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Darian White: Weekly Post 4

Charlie Waite- http://www.charliewaite.com/gallery






Charlie Waite is an English landscape photographer. Mr. Waite is known for his use of square format images; a 6x6 Hasselblad. He is also known for taking the approach to use light and shade when photographing a landscape. He has published 27 books on the UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany; all entirely of his photography. Charlie Waite is well-known as one of the most celebrated international landscape photographers.

I love Mr. Waite’s artwork! It is almost as if his photographs are that of paintings because the light and shade he uses reflects realism. Looking at his photos, I receive a calming effect. In one of Mr. Waite photos, it looks as if it’s a fall day.  He takes the picture looking down a trail. The trees have shadows on them and the picture has really nice quality. I really love the photo of the mountains and how the landscape reflects on the water. It is just breathtaking!  His photo of the valley is absolutely stunning too.  It reminds me of when it’s about to rain, but yet the sun is still shining in the valley.  I would like to take his use of forestry in my photography.  I love how each tree has its own unique markings on them, which is just beautiful art!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment